Re: [NTLK] Connecting a Newton to an iMac?

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 22:05:21 EDT

Yes, it should. Keyspan adaptors have been used by many on the list
successfully. The high speed USB adaptor has the DB-9 connector you need.

>Hi again,
>
>I have a cabling question. I am trying to hook my Newton to a new iMac
>flat-screen, which is USB only.
>
>The cable coming from the Newton is a Newton to DB9 cable. It's about 5
>feet long, with Newton on one end, and DB9 female on the other. Will the
>Keyspan USA-19QW High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter work? Or, is there a
>different adapter that I need?
>
>I read somewhere that I should use only the dual USB to Serial connector,
>but I don't see any of those that work with DB9, only MiniDin.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robert--

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.com> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513