[NTLK] SimpleMail: Leaving messages on the server?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 09:15:34 EDT

I want to be able to use SimpleMail to check my email now and then -- even
though it isn't my primary mail client. I have it set to leave the messages
on the server. However, I expected it to keep track of what it has received
and NOT get them again each time I connect -- is that supposed to happen (like
it does with any other non-Newton client that I have ever used)?

Basically, right now, if I get all of my messages and they are sitting in the
In Box -- and I say "receive" again, it gets them all AGAIN -- leaving two
copies of every message in my In Box.

Any thoughts? Is it a problem with my configuration and/or server? Or is
this standard behavior? I tried both IMAP and POP3 with SimpleMail and seem
to get the same problem with both.

Thanks...

 - John...