Re: [NTLK] MAD Newton Fun

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 14:42:21 EDT

There is a little HTTP hack that NullSoft put together
that allows you to change songs from a web page. Go
to:
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/
and grab the little app called WWWinamp.
This runs on yet another port and allows you to change
the song from a remote web page. Really cool!

BTW, Jesse, your links point to a Private streaming
server. I can't get to them.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)
--- Jesse Garnier <jgarnier_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks to a tip from Ed Kummel, I'm streaming my
> music collection
> (privately) to the Web at 128k, 56k, and 24k mono. I
> then control the PC
> using VNC so I can change songs whenever I want!
>
> You can sample the streams if you're interested:
>
> http://stonehopper.dyndns.org:8000/ (128k)
> http://stonehopper.dyndns.org:8056/ (56k)
> http://stonehopper.dyndns.org:8024/ (24k)
>
> This is WinAMP providing content to a Shoutcast
> server via the Nullsoft
> Shoutcast Source DSP V1.8.2b plug-in on Windows XP.
>
> One problem is that the network connection on this
> box dies out unexpectedly
> every couple of days, only when I've got the
> streaming server running. (All
> in the name of full disclosure. :)
>
> Cheers--
>
> --Jesse
>
> Christopher Frazier wrote not long ago (7/30/02
> 12:01 PM):
>
> > I'm not sure how other people are using MAD Newton
> / MAD Max, but I
> > figured I'd drop a line to show off some fun I've
> been having with it...
> >
> > (snip)
> >
> > Enter Shoutcast and Winamp. I now use my system
> at home to serve out my own
> > stream of MP3s to the Newton.
> >
> > (snip)
> >
> > Now I need to get a web based playlist editor so I
> can use NetHopper to
> > control my playback. Anyone else doing anything
> like this? I'd love to
> > hear about your experiences and try out new
> tricks!
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Read the Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting