Re: [NTLK] MAD Newton Fun

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 17:03:17 EDT

no. The Newt plays back MP3s without a hitch. In fact,
the Newt is quite a bit more peppy in responding to
HTTP (web pages) than before. The only thing I found
was that if I was using a RAM card and set the newt to
save all new information to the card, I would get
spastic jerky sounding MP3s. My fix for that was to
set the Newt to save new information internally
whenever I'm running Mad Max. (you can also go with a
powered RAM card, but those are usually quite small
... under 4mb mostly and quite expensive still)
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Christopher Frazier <cfrazier_at_webplantation.com>
wrote:

> Ed - did your processor "upgrade" do anything
> adverse to MP3 playback,
> either streaming or from a store? I've been
> thinking about mod'ing my
> Newt but didn't want to jack up MP3 playback. Other
> audio is almost
> always turned off, so it's not much of an issue.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting