Re: [NTLK] trotter

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 07:20:06 EDT

>On 6/1/02 @ 6:11 AM, richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:
>
>>BTW, I didn't say that I like MSFT, or MSFT Office for that matter. :-o
>
>then why require your contacts to use software you
>don't even like?

It's not my choice as to what software I use at work.

The IT folks/customers set that parameter.

...and I can see their point of view from a limited resource aspect.

A few years ago, when I worked in IT and could set policy for the office,
we were standardized on WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, and Harvard Graphics.
At the time, they worked well.

Here is an interesting point concerning MSFT Office. I can use version
4.3.2 (Word 6, Excel 5, and PP 4) on my PB170 running system 7.5.5 and X
Office running on X or 98 running on 9 regular or classic mode on my
G4/933.

Anyhow, going back to the beginning of the conversation, having open file
format standards would sure be nice. Then no matter what application I
choose for presentations, I can open any presentation file. Now that
would be nice.

Sushi