Re: [NTLK] Things that make you go hmmm...

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 08:22:05 EDT

These tablet type pcs have a crippling problem: low battery life. Some of
the mag reviews say that it has only 4-5 hours of battery life. I used to
own a HP200 and it was invaluable as a scheduler and phone book. But
because of the small keyboard it was only in use for about 15 minutes a day
on average. Needless to say the batteries lasted weeks. But the Newton is
so usable and useful, I've got it going around 6-7 hours a day because I can
use it in meetings or for writing letters, memos and documents. Its getting
such heavy use its getting charged up overnight, every night.
Tony.