Re: [NTLK] intro / bluetooth

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 02:44:38 EDT

> true, I keep that in mind all the time. that's why I like headsets though
> they make you look stupid.
I got a SIEMENS SL45 with a nice sterophonic headset for use with the MP3
player of the phone. You can listen to the music and if a call comes the
music will stop and you can take the phone by the PTT button. This button is
placed in a small silver housing together with the mic and just at the
branch of the cable.

> any advice on which cable to buy/make for a nokia 6310?
I wanted to hack a M/A-com cable for the Nokia 6210 but there seems to be a
digital circuitry built-into the Nokia or serial (DB9) plug. So far I didn't
open the plug but this would be the next step. As soon as the wiring is know
you'll be able to solder by yourself, using a cheap headset as source for
the NOKIA plug.

The wiring for SIEMENS phones is simple and no electronic parts are involved
there. I'll publish it as soon as I've finished my universal adapter (audio
and serial connectors in one piece, like the NIC).

---
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG