Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #415

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 02:52:10 EDT

> you briefly explain how this is done. It sounds as if this would be the
> solution. I could put requently used applications like quicken ad=nd works
> under one tab and games under another?
That is exactly what it is for. The tabs are like folders on a desktop
computer with the exception that there is additional view options: show all
items or show items of a certain memory location (internal or card mem). The
NOS creates per default a few tabs (unfiled, extensions, help and storage in
Extras and unfiled, bussiness, personal in Notes, Dates and Names) which you
can't delete or rename. The access of the tabs is done via the folder button
left to the routing button (envelope). With this folder button you can
create, rename and delete tabs as well as move icons from one tab to
another. If you've done this e.g. in Names or Notes and sorted your items
accordingly, the Newton will remember where they have been, even if you
brain wiped it. All you need to do after brain wipe is to create new tabs
with the same names as you had for your structure. Once the tab is created
all your dozens of notes which have been filed under exactly this tab name
will suddenly sorted in.

---
Keep the green

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG