Re: [NTLK] LocalTalk/EtherTalk and Printer

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 05:59:18 EDT

> It does. It works. But that was not my question. I don't want to change my
> wiring because I want to print, especially with a dongle involved.
Ah, now I got it (probably). You want to print via Ethernet only. From the
Newton point of view there's no difference between Ethernet and LocalTalk,
what's visible at one network type must be visible at the other one too. But
there's an exception (only one? certainly not!): The LTB software doesn't
route well the LaserWriter thru to the ethernet branch, at least not with
Newton compatibility. I've replaced the LTB by a piece of hardware, an
iPrint from Farallon and it perfectly links my LW Personal 320 with the
Newton and doesn't need a computer running. And the best: I've got a spare
iPrint for PhoneNet which I would be willing to spare with.

---
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG