Re: [NTLK] Never knew what I was missing!

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 23:10:46 EDT

on 06/06/02 22:12, Keith and Sharon Isley at isley_at_iowatelecom.net wrote:

> I just got my "new" used 2100....and having only used a MP 130 before, I am
> TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY.
>
> The speed and higher screen resolution increase usability to such a degree
> that I don't honestly know how I got along on the 130. And for some reason,
> the handwriting recognition seems to be considerably better....not sure why
> that is.
>
> Anyway, it's like Christmas in June for me. Just couldn't keep quiet. :)

I'm happy for you. Good move!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

Gang of Four n.: (also abbreviated `GOF') [prob. a play on the `Gang Of Four' who briefly ran Communist China after the death of Mao T'se Tung] Describes either the authors or the book "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software" published in 1995 by Addison-Wesley (ISBN 0-201-63361-2). The authors forming the Gang Of Four are Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides. They are also sometimes referred to as `Gamma et. al.' The authors state at http://www.hillside.net/patterns/DPBook/GOF.html "Why are we ... called this? Who knows. Somehow the name just stuck." The term is also used to describe any of the design patterns that are used in the book, referring to the patterns within it as `Gang Of Four Patterns.'