[NTLK] Subject: Re: "preliminaryCharge" status?

From: adam buzza (buzzaa_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 03:10:43 EDT

I concur with Daniel.
I get deep toast all the time.
I'm using NicksBat Mon. If I forget to set it to NiMH in the Prefs I get nothing but DeepToast (anyone know what it means?), and why not, it is sucking 2amps. When I set it to NiMH, I might get the DeepToast once or twice, un-plug, replug the adaptor, then it is fine. I think my problem is that I built my charger too close to the specs given by apple. It probably should drop its voltage a bit when the batteries are really low on charge.
Try shocking the suckers if nothing else works (higher voltage, v short time), you have nothing to loose, perhaps an eye, where safety glasses. Then, you could still use the tray and put new re-chargeable in.
Adam