Re: [NTLK] Names to Nokia PREVIEW screenshot

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 10:48:37 EDT

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Daniel Padilla wrote:

> > You're saying there's an application such that if I plug my phone's serial
> > cable into my Newton (via various adapters) then I can upload SMS messages?
> > Via serial? Where do I get this?
>
> Yes, it's NewtSMS+ by Stefan Auweiler: http://www.team-auweiler.de/

Hrm... looking at it right now. He doesn't mention that it works with any
51xx phones.

As for those AT commands you mentioned... my phone doesn't have the
built-in modem hardware, so to talk to it directly I'd have to implement
some stuff like this:

http://www.gadgets.demon.co.uk/nokia61xx/protocol.html

Or port gnokii to the Newton...