Re: [NTLK] Convincing argument against MS

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 16:09:43 EDT

I think you are missing the key difference between BUNDLING and
INTEGRATING. When I buy Mac OS, Internet Explorer comes with it. But I
can delete it, no problem, and replace it with whatever I choose. When I
buy XP, Internet Explorer comes with it, and Microsoft has sworn in
court that if I delete it, it will destroy my OS install.

On the other had, you CAN remove Windows Media and MovieMaker, as far as
I know. But all the reviews I have read (PC Week, PC World, etc.) have
said that those programs are not very useful, and no where near the
quality of iTunes and iMovie.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj