Re: [NTLK] 2100 vs 2000u?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 13:50:07 EDT

On 10/06/02 13:35, "John Fraser" <john_fraser_at_mac.com> wrote:

> does it really matter?
>
> btw I grabbed a 2000u + 32MB card good battery and 2 ac adapters from a guy
> for $127.00 shipped. Is that a good deal?
>
> Where are the best instructions on how to overclock these bad boys.....
>
> Will everything still function? (all I really need is wireless ethernet and
> my 32MB to work).

If the screen is in good shape, then I'd say it's a pretty good deal. There
are a few web sites that will explain how to do overclocking (Ed Kummel will
most likely stand up with his site) and there was also Stephanie Mak that
had done it. Once it's overclocked, most Ethernet cards still work. I don't
think I've heard any report while using a wireless card, but since the final
version of the wireless driver has just been released, maybe we'll get some
feedback from someone with an accelerated Newton. Your 32MB card will still
work. Sound will sound slightly high pitch, and serial connection won't
work, but everything else should be fine.

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.