Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Driver 1.0

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 15:08:39 EDT

Another thing that may help some of you out on this wep is what card are you
using your self? if you are using a silver the encryption only will do
64-bit. If you have a gold well then you get both levels of encryption.
Another thing to keep in mind is not all access points supoprt both levels
of encryption. For example my old access point is a usr2450 (its at work so
number could be off) it supports both levels of encryption. My new access
point (Addtron aws-110) only supports 64 bit. Most apple base stations only
support 64 bit. Apple may have released a new base station that supports
both levels but I am not sure. The reason that most apple base stations
support 64 bit is they have a lucent silver card in them. You can change
this card out btw and put in a gold its out on google somewhere how to do
it.
So check the specs on your card as your card may not support the level of
encryption you want.
Jeff