Re: [NTLK] Greek Fonts 'n Unicode

From: Anton Balaban (balaban_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 17:03:17 EDT

Daedalus Guy <daedalus_guy_at_mac.com> wrote:

>Unicode might make printing impossible, I'd think. As Michael points out, it might just not be worth the extra effort (especially considering the Newton platform isn't exactly expanding rapidly).

You should also consider that NCU does not support importing or exporting of Unicode text. All characters above 8 bit are simply truncated, which results in a lot of pretty squares instead of normal text. So, if you are not going to write your own connection software you better use good old 8-bit encoding.

Anton Balaban