Re: [NTLK] Convincing argument against MS

From: Gérard Evrard (gerard.evrard_at_free.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 09:42:42 EDT

Sorry to give an advice while I'm probably an idiot at this, but when I
want to prevent recreation of a file I usually delete the offending
file, create a directory by that very name, and write-protect it. I
removed all M$ crap this way from my machine (but it's a sweet Mac
anyway, so YMMV).

A short note also : thanks to the FAQ I'm now happily backing up and
moving packages to my new (used) 2100 ! Thanks list !
I got Dashboard 1.5.1. and this utility is a total must-have !!! I just
tried to register it, with some problems (solvable probably).
I'm looking forward to get a word processor, spreadsheet, email & web
browsing capabilities.

It works. Just a minor flaw, my main machine has some "Newton rings" as
discussed here some time ago, but it's a minor annoyance.

Read you.