Re: [NTLK] Got WEP working

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 01:28:35 EDT

on 12/06/02 00:11, Jeremy Bond Shepherd at jbond_at_eskimo.com wrote:

> Turns out my problem with the WaveLAN driver and WEP was that I was
> trying to enter the configuration data from the "Setup" button on the
> card insertion slip. That way, I could not set the WEP Key separately
> from the SSID.

That would seem to be a bug. If not, why wouldn't you be able to enter them
separately in the setup?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

elephantine adj.: Used of programs or systems that are both conspicuous hogs (owing perhaps to poor design founded on brute force and ignorance) and exceedingly hairy in source form. An elephantine program may be functional and even friendly, but (as in the old joke about being in bed with an elephant) it's tough to have around all the same (and, like a pachyderm, difficult to maintain). In extreme cases, hackers have been known to make trumpeting sounds or perform expressive proboscatory mime at the mention of the offending program. Usage: semi-humorous. Compare `has the elephant nature' and the somewhat more pejorative monstrosity. See also second-system effect and baroque.