Re: [NTLK] PC Card Problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 13:51:11 EDT

On 12/06/02 13:27, "Caitlyn Antrim" <caitlyna_at_mac.com> wrote:

> After my MP2000u was stolen late in 2000 I was only able to get a replacement
> this year. I have a nice MP2100 and all is well - almost.
>
> The problem is misbehavior in both PC Card slots. Memory cards are not
> recognized at all, and a Megahertz modem card is reported to be a memory card
> that can't be reformatted because it is write protected.
>
> I can send the unit in to be replaced, but if this is something that I can fix
> I would rather do that (now that I have a MP again I don't see how I got by
> without it). I don't think opening it up is a good idea for me, but I wondered
> if a deep reset would might do the job. With a current backup I don't think I
> can do any damage to my data or the messagepad, but I thought I would see if
> anyone thinks this has any chance of helping.
>
> If not a deep reset, are there any other suggestions for a fix?

Nope. The only possible thing that could heal it is a deep, or "hard reset".

-Laurent.

cretinous /kret'n-*s/ or /kreet'n-*s/ adj.: Wrong; stupid; non-functional;
very poorly designed. Also used pejoratively of people. See dread high-bit
disease for an example. Approximate synonyms: bletcherous, bagbiting,
losing, brain-damaged.