Re: [NTLK] Changing pre-published book formats

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 08:09:19 EDT

on 13/06/02 05:45, Dar, S.- Shabaz - at S.Dar_at_Canon-Europa.com wrote:

> I have a newtonbook that's formatted for a 1x model - the book screen is
> much smaller than my 2100's. I want to reformat this to a bigger screen size
> and font (in the prefs of the book, there is only the one screen size -
> can't remember what it is).
>
> Press and Paperback don't allow me to import a book, muck about, then
> repackage it, or at least I can't see how to do it. Is there a way to
> accomplish this, apart from somehow getting the text into a .TXT or .DOC
> then doing it myself?

You could try to open said book into a good text editor and then try from
there to clean the text. That would certainly be a tough job, since you
would probably get all kind of garbage through the text. If there was a
Newton book, maybe the text of the book is available somewhere? That would
be the first thing I would try, finding the content of the book in plain
text...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.