Re: [NTLK] [ot][soccer][or football][whatever]

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 12:08:47 EDT

> >Hockey is quite popular. I think it has more to do with the fact that
>baseball and US football came first

Once again, "two countries divided by a a common tongue". In UK and
other English speaking countries 'hockey' is a game played on a grass
field (far less exciting). 'Ice hockey' is what we call USA 'hockey'.

>Other countries have their sports--Britain has their Union game, Rugby

Rugby is very popular in countries like Argentina, France, Italy,
South Africa, Australia and most notably New Zealand. It is not quite
as international as football, but it is still more international than
Baseball and American football.