Re: [NTLK] [still ot but friendly] was Re: [ot][soccer][or footb all][whatever]

From: Lee, Christopher J (christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 13:55:54 EDT

Why wouldn't it work? Some would say that it was the US continually pumping
money into the Middle East and meddling in the holy war between Isreal and
the Arab world that led to 9-11 and its aftermath.

As for WWII (here comes the Hitler reference! Godwin's Law!), there are some
historians that believe our involvement was damaging in the sense that we
guaranteed that Stalin would have an iron grip over half of Europe for
decades...and that we would have been better serving the suffering peoples
of Europe by allowing completely open asylum for anyone victimized by the
dictatorships of the period.