Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 with GPS Magellan 330?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 03:48:35 EDT

Try GPS Map from Gerd Staudenmaier
http://www.soaring.de/gps/Start_e.html
it is running on the Newt and uses the serial interface to read the dta sent
from your GPS.
If your GPS receiver will send in NMEA 183 format you will not have any
problem.
I just checked that the MAP 330 provides NMEA format.
But there are also drivers for different formats available.

The only thing is that the Maps are true pixel maps and not vector based.
But you can also create your own maps.
Marco Mailand has a lot of experience with that.

Johannes