Re: [NTLK] [OT] newtontalk Digest V2 #439 Football and nationalism

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 16:54:29 EDT

on 14-06-2002 4:06, hal9000x at hal9000x_at_mac.com wrote:

> I think that there is nothing wrong with 'ultra-nationalism' whatever it
> is. Does it mean you love your country so much that you don't like other
> countries? If so, so what.

I really don't want to join all the off topic stuff that was lately on this
list, but to this I just can't be silent.

I have to draw the line here, there's no way that I can accept people on our
list saying these kind of things and I don't even want to begin to think
were this could lead.

Not even the awful remarks after September 11th on this list got to this
level, and I really don't want to be on a list that is seriously going to
discuss ultra nationalistic nonsense.

I propose a COMPLETE and IMMEDIATE stop of all OFF TOPIC stuff on this list
with trembling hands of anger while I type this.

Robert Benschop