Re: [NTLK] I just got a Newton! And now for some questions.

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 06:00:02 EDT

>Well, I've been wanting one for awhile, so I finally bought one off of
>ebay. There's only a couple of problems I've found with it. I hear you
>guys talking about "jaggies". And that this has something to do with
>the screen. The Newton I just got has a problem where when you right it
>is edgy and it kind of makes the lines I write jump. Is this what you
>are talking about? If so, is there anyway to fix it? The screen also
>won't align very well, the right side (side with PCMCIA cars) is always
>off.
>Nick

As for the jaggies, there are several potential causes. It could be dirt
under the screen in which case you take a business card and run it around
under the screen and case edge to clean it out. It can also be hardware
related, including a manufacturing defect in some Newtons. This is
obviously more difficult to fix. There have been some threads of late on
trying to repair this, but it requires major surgery.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net