Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbies

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 16:35:42 EDT

I don't mean to make this sound as kurt as it does,
but there's no other way to say it.
What you are asking for is called a FAQ!
The Newton FAQ (or a copy of it) is here:
http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
And once a week (or there abouts) an email is sent to
the list telling everyone who bothers to read it
everything they need to know to help them find what
they need to understand what the Newton and Newtontalk
is all about.
Plus, at the bottom of every email on this list is a
link to what you are asking for!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "William S. Preissner" <wpreissn_at_vt.edu> wrote:

> Hey guys and gals,
>
> Would anybody like to make a webpage, perhaps
> newtonnewbies.org, to assist our
> fellow friends who are new to the newton? Shouldn't
> be too hard to compile a
> bunch of the best resource links all in one
> place...where the used price guide
> is...what kind of power supply to buy for the
> new-to-you newton users.
>
> Also, why not put a link to that site on newtontalks
> sign up verification
> email, when people first sign up. Chances are they
> if they just signed up,
> they're looking for some help.
>
> Peace,
>
> Will Preissner

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting