Re: [NTLK] WriteRight replacements from Strong Engineering?!

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 20:14:07 EDT

* "Gary Moody" <gmoody_at_gmx.net> on Thu, 13 Jun 2002
| Got them in...they're good, arguably as good as the original WriteRights.

My batch arrived today. They are different from the original WriteRights.

BSTRONG's protectors are a bit harder to install than WriteRights. The
backings are die cut along with the protectors, a bit of a challenge to
separate them without creasing the protectors. Lower cost to manufacture
that way, though.

They are not textured like WriteRights. They have a smooth, semi-gloss
finish, and they are completely transparent. So, more reflective glare
than WriteRights, but -much- better contrast. They also show scratches
more readilly. I really mauled my first installation try, creasing it
trying to get it off the backing, and then scratching it with the credit
card I used to smooth it down.

WriteRights are porous, so bubbles will eventually bleed out. I do not
know about BSTRONG protectors, yet.

I think the simplest description is a clear, slightly shiny, self-adhesive
Barrier.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ accelerate to dangerous speeds.