Re: [NTLK] Hello all!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 13:43:40 EDT

on 6/23/02 6:30 AM, Laurent Daudelin at nemesys_at_cox.net wrote:

> Actually, the functionality is there, but it's not accessible. Standalone's
> FreezeUtilities makes the function visible, plus it offers other
> functionalities, like tapping on a frozen package will thaw it and will
> freeze it back when you close it.

I forgot. There is also a utility by the same person, called "Freezeman"
which allows for freezing and thawing groups of icons. This way, you
wouldn't have to move them out of the Extensions folder to make freezing and
thawing easier.

All that said, on a 2100, you will not be finding heap to be an issue. I
have a ton of stuff loaded on my 2100, including Action Names, which is a
bit of a heap hog, and I haven't had memory or heap problems since I got it
a few months ago. I wouldn't worry at all about the heap that NIE will take,
nor anything else, for that matter, unless it's not worth having on your
Newt at all. :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland