Re: [NTLK] [OT] Gay Mackey

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 21:23:30 EDT

I make it a point not to apologize for other people's hypersensitivity. If
you guys are all so mature, who decided to change the subject line and call
me gay? Why don't you just chill and find a cause that really matters.

And "gay" no longer refers to homosexuality, if you care to keep current on
the English language. The new politically correct term is "men who have sex
with men", and "women who have sex with women".

I think you guys need to attend a seminar and/or get a life.

And I will no longer validate your immature comments by responding to your
childish assaults. This thread is for talking about Newtons. Everyone is
tired of this sensless crappy spam.

>From: "Lee, Christopher J" >Reply-To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >To:
"'newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net'" >Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Gay Mackey >Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:36:05 -0700 >>>Urf. I know I wasn't gonna further this,
but I just had to say... >>Good point! >>-----Original Message----- >From:
Jeremy Bond Shepherd [mailto:jbond_at_eskimo.com] >Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002
3:27 PM >To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Gay Mackey
>>possibly extract an apology from the guy for making such a snotty
>>remark.i'm not even gay but i found it extremely offensive. >>I am, and I
don't really care. Using gay as a synonym for lame, wimpy, or >whatever just
isn't very smart; it betrays the ignorance (or indifference) >of the speaker
to the obvious objections that will result therefore >distracting the
listener from whatever else of value he had to say. Not a >wise move for
someone trying to communicate an idea -- unless that >ignorance or
indifference was the idea he was trying to communicate in the >first place.
http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html >Read the Newton FAQ:
http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ >This is the NewtonTalk
http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html >Read the Newton FAQ:
http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ >This is the NewtonTalk