Re: [NTLK] WaveLan And WavePoint access Point....

From: Jeffrey M. Swiger (n8noe_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 00:24:45 EDT

Jesse
        I'm not sure what ban the dish was designed to work with, but I've
seen reports of a 2.4Ghz signal @ 50% Strength as far as 4.5 miles...
You could have alot of fun pointing an antenna down the road and seeing
what you might find to play with.. I'm not condoning this, just letting
you know what COULD happen.. I sit once in a while and listen to
cordless phones, Cells, and the County Emergency Freqs.. But, This is a
GREAT way to extend your Network coverage, and there are plans for a
Flat Panel, and a Coliner there also, Have fun and play, as far as I
know you don't need a license for 2.4Ghz to play some, or own an
amplifier?.. Just remember your playing with MicroWave!... This ain't
the safest place to experiment....Jeff