Re: [NTLK] Newton 4 Newbies/dead 2100

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 02:42:23 EDT

So what is the behaviour of yor Newt now?
No sound and no screen after startup?

After reading what you did I really wonder if you isolated the implant PCB
and its connections properly while experimenting with different positions of
the implant. That you closed the nack cover with an imperceptable bulge
indicated that the implant PCB must have been pressed hardly against the
logic board.
There is a good chance that you introduced a shortcut between implant and
logic board.

I would recommend to do what you already proposed: replace the crystal and
remove all implant connections.
To be safe you can also remove the SER-001, but this board is for sure NOT
the reason for the behaviour of your Newt.

Johannes