Re: [NTLK] [OT] up in the sky

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 10:38:44 EDT

and let's not forget the B-36, that fantastic hybrid (sort of a
stretched B-29 with 6 pusher props PLUS 4 jets) of which 3 or 4 still
exist. "six turnin' and four burnin'" - a hardy band of hobbyists got
pretty close to putting one of them back into airworthiness, but the US
government stepped in and blocked them. i'd love to see/hear/feel one
of them fly by sometime - i understand it was an earthshaking experience.