Re: [NTLK] selling cheap newtons

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 08:12:15 EDT

Mark Ross wrote:
> My 2 cents: Shipping is a difficult thing to assess if you are
> going to ship world wide. He needs to have an average price that
> will also cover the very expensive (by comparison) costs overseas.

I disagree. While I know he us busy, I don't think it is reasonable for
someone in the states to average the shipping price between overseas and US
people. It just doesn't make sense to do it that way. Especially since
overseas fluctuates so much in many cases. Therefore, even if he tried, it
wouldn't work. Heck, if he's shipping overseas, than $15 each is probably too
low for him to come close to breaking even on shipping.

In any case, I don't think he had any intention of trying to average in
overseas people. I think he just took a guess because he was busy and
happened to be a bit high. I politely informed him -- and he agreed and
adjusted. And everyone is happy -- and he is fine and will be paid
appropriately.

> Quibbling over a few dollars
> in shipping costs seems a bit silly to me.

Yes and no. I bought 2. SO we're only talking $110 worth of equipment.
Shipping being $15-$20 extra for me isn't that silly. I'll be paying about
15% extra in shipping after I said something. If I hadn't, I'd be paying over
27% of the item price in shipping. That's significant to me. If not to you,
that's fine. I wasn't rude about it -- just sharing some shipping suggestions
to someone that was too busy to know. No biggie.

 - John...