Re: [NTLK] Newts Galore

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 10:39:16 EDT

hal9000x wrote:

> I got one from Mr2ndHand and so did my friend both nearly flawless
> units. I don't know where he gets them but they are obviously from a
> source who didn't abuse them.

Oh -- I should probably note that too! I also got some GREAT NEwts from
Mr2ndHand a while back. My recently talking has only been about what I think
these recent ones in the bulk auction are -- probably not the best stuff, but
at least he is being very honest about that (i.e. he fully explains in the
auction that they are likely crap).

I think that people just need to be careful. I don't think these are anything
quality-wise like the 28 together last week. These appear to be known
clunkers. Especially since Mr2ndHand is a commonly known Newton seller and
yet he is selling these as "untested." :-) It isn't like he doesn't know how
to test them... When someone that has great Newtons all the time suddenly has
a bunch that are "untested", I don't know much else that should set off an
alarm that these aren't the best stuff. :-)

 - John...