Re: [NTLK] Adjustable backlight?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 01:10:03 EDT

   I asked PCBMan a while back and he said not to put a resistor in
series with the EL foil to drop the voltage because it could break the
inverter (he didn't say why, but I'm guessing it might have something to
do with the fact that the inverter puts out AC and the resistor doesn't
have a capacitive load component.)

   Instead of trying to hook it into the inverter that's built in to the
Newt, would it be possible to fit another inverter into the case, hooked
in parallel to the battery/AC, and then wire a timer into the power
switch to detect the "hold" condition (and not use Apple's BL circuit at
all?)

Jim