Re: [NTLK] Help me out, please?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 11:07:35 EST

on 3/1/02 12:29 PM, Jeroen Goulooze at jeroengoulooze_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> One other point: I believe the only difference between emate and other 2.1
> machines is the classroom option, and a multi-user option. Since 2.2 is
> sometimes mentioned as the os on the emate, I asume it is an upgrade for the
> classroom and multi-user options and nothing else. Just guessing here.

There is one other difference--the screen. The eMate screen is both a
different size and a different resolution. In my mind, the name "fontwidth"
raises images of changing only the width of the fonts. If the eMate
resolution is different than the rest, I could see how such a package would
potentially be important (think of the 96dpi on Windows vs 72 on Macs, and
the resulting weirdnesses that result on web pages).

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland