Re: [NTLK] (No X-Sender: jbond@pop3.eskimo.com

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 04:37:05 EST

on 01-03-2002 6:52, Jeremy Bond Shepherd at jbond_at_eskimo.com wrote:

> If you remove the card while the Newton is rebooting it's exactly as
> harmful as rebooting.
>
> How harmful is that?

What I remember from a posting of Paul Guyot of quite a while back he stated
that even a soft reset is possibly harmful to your Newt.

But keep in mind that Paul sees this from a technical/theoretical point of
view and that statistically there seems to be no evidence for this on the
list.
Put together with that the rare, but not always amusing, fact that Paul
manages to an uncommon amount of hardware failures, I still soft reset my
Newt very often, might live to regret it though...

(and I back up more often since I read his post on the subject.
Don't mind loosing a Newt in the end, really so mind loosing data !)

Robert Benschop