Re: [NTLK] Backlight Hum when in use???

From: Rhonda Hyslop (rhonda_at_paradox.null)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 13:46:06 EST

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, John Morton-Aslanis wrote:

> Whenever I start backlight a high pitched humming comes from the bottom of
> the Newton. This just started yesterday.

Mine has always done that. Any backlight will hum - if you have an
'indiglo' watch, find a quiet spot, hold it right to your ear, and turn on
the backlight. It's quiet, but there's a bit of a whine. That's why I
never worried about the hum my newt was making.

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project