Re: [NTLK] Why dont packages install on my130???

From: gmoody (gmoody_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 23:40:20 EST

Okay, let's start at the beginning.

Are you using a Mac or PC to download the files?

When you download the packages, are they filetype .PKG, or .SIT
or .HQX? (only .PKG files can be installed on the Newton).

If they are .SIT or .HQX, are you using Stuffit Expander to
decompress them? On a PC, the "Save MacIntosh files in MacBinary
format", under Options/More/CrossPlatform should be set to
Never. Any errors generated during decompression?

What utility are you using to install the .PKG files (NCU? or
what?) Are you installing all of the uncompressed package files?
Are the packages frozen? The -48221 error denotes "Reference to
deactivated packages".

Please give us a step-by-step of what you did from beginning to
end with all details.

Regards,

Gary