Re: [NTLK] Why dont packages install on my130???

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 09:28:49 EST

on 3/4/02 5:34 AM, Josh Shanks at jshanks_at_mac.com wrote:

> I was downloading packages I got an error from stuffit that had all kinds of
> characters displayed in the error box.

    I had similar problems downloading from www.newtopia.com. I tried to
download Geekgas. The source file would not unstuff completely and StuffIt
Expander complained thoughout the process. The package I downloaded would
not install on the Newton ... bot the Newt and the Mac hung.
    I tried other software from the site with similar results.
    I suspect the host server has stripped some of the required file info.
    I had no problems with packages/archives from other sites so I've pretty
much ruled out problems with my Mac/Newt hardware and software.

Peter