Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Card troubles

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 09:40:52 EST

"eric a . Farris" wrote:
> i've got a 3Com/Megahertz ethernet card (3CCE589ET)
> When i insert the card, it is properly
> recognized by the Newton, ... after a few seconds,
> though, the lights go out, and the connection drops.

Maybe I'm missing something (I admit that not going back and re-reading the
original, sorry)... But my cards (a Farallon and a D-Link DE-660) both do
this normally...

I put the card in and the connection light on the card immediately comes on.
I get the "Enet PC Card" box asking me if I want AppleTalk (which I don't).
If I just let it sit at that dialog box for a few seconds -- or if I tap the X
-- the light on the card goes out. It never stays on for me. Isn't this
normal behavior?

When I then start something up that needs the card (for me, that normally
means Dock for talking to DIL Tester, but once in a while also a browser or
something), then it activates the card -- and then the light comes on.

Or do you mean that during THAT activity -- when the card is in use -- your
light still goes off? Based on your statement above, I wasn't sure if you
just meant that it goes off after you have put it in the Newton -- which seems
normal to me...

 - John...