Re: [NTLK] free newt paint

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 09:52:59 EST

on 3/5/02 1:22 PM, Patrick Jendraszak at indyibook_at_insightbb.com wrote:

> If the problem is the COST of shareware, why not do what others have
> done on this list for commercial products? Ask the developer or
> responsible party to lower the price. Or, simply ask the developer if
> they would consider a lower price because of your financial constraints.

Folks, I think we are missing something here. What we are dealing with is an
attempt to justify one's actions. When someone does this, they are not
concerned with honesty, fairness, or any of those nicer values. They are
really concerned with justifying their actions without actually changing
what they are doing. They are attempting to use the argument of relativity
to justify their behavior. All our arguments and attempts to help are
falling on deaf ears. These people are already probably running tons of
stolen software, and have no concerns about paying anybody for anything. We
are wasting our breath.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland