Re: [NTLK] Cable for Farallon Ethernet card (2nd attempt)

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 05:41:33 EST

The easiest and cheapest solution would be to cut the cable and crimp a new
RJ-45 connector.
Most of the connectors are transparent so that you can figure out the wire
colours and the pin assignment.
The most difficult task is to get a crimping tool for RJ-45, but maybe you
know somebody.
But of course you can buy one in the Doityourself market as well as the
RJ-45 connector.
Maybe this is still cheaper than buing a new cable.
(I bought a 3COM one recently for 40 EUR !!!!, which is hell of a lot money
for such a simple cable)

Johannes

http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/
victor_at_newtontalk.net