[NTLK] My modem card

From: Dave Caolo (dcaolo_at_gis.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 20:12:39 EST

Ok, first of all: I want a T-Shirt! Now, on with the show:

I recently got a Hayes Optima 336 V.34Data/Fax modem card for my 2100. When
I pop it in, my Newt says "A communication card has been inserted". I went
to Internet Setup and clicked generic, unfortunately there isn't a ppp
option (ethernet or localtalk). So I selected one of the other setups at
random, and entered info specific to my ISP (username, password, DNS, etc.).
Under Modem settings, I selected bottom PC slot, where the card is sitting.

I go to the in box, try to receive simple mail, select the ppp setting I
created and click connect. I get this message: "No protocol driver for this
link is available. Can't establish a link." Hmm?

Here's something else weird: In Internet setup, the protocol is listed as
"Unknown," even though I told it PPP. It won't accept that option.