Re: [NTLK] [OT] Where to buy used pc notebook

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 23:44:12 EST

Hate to say this, but you'll get the best prices on
ebay!
What's really cool now is that some really nice
notebooks are being liquidated because of the 5 year
business writeoff. This means that you will begin to
see a flood of PII/200-400mhz machine hit the market!
I am partial to Dell, and have seen PII/366mhz
notebooks going for $350 on a regular basis! This
pales in comparison to what I purchased for my mom
just before christmas! I purchased a Dell PII/366 CPi
laptop for $699! now you can get them for half that
price.
The best way to find liquidators is to go to an ebay
auction and see if they have a yahoo store or ebay
store link. CLick on it and you will get more laptops
than are being offered for sale on ebay.

Remember, most of these laptops are coming off of a 5
year lease or tax writeoff, so they will show some
considerable wear, but they are usually good for
extended personal use!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Larrie Easterly <larrie_at_larrie.com> wrote:

> A friend in Africa wants me to buy him a PC laptop.
> Does anyone have
> recommendations reputable dealers?
>
> Larrie

=====