Re: [NTLK] NewtDev.sit

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 09:41:16 EST

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Mike O'Brien wrote:

> There's this gigantic NewtonDev.sit file sitting out on UNNA
> that has all the goodies that developers need. It's even got the
> Newton Programmer's Ref. manual, which seems to have an index file,
> something like NewtDev Ref.qv. When I unpacked NewtonDev.sit, the
> next time I ran Disk Doctor, it told me that NewtDev Ref.qv had a
> busted resource fork and had to be deleted.
>
> Anybody else see this? Anybody know anything about it?

Well, sounds like you're trying to load the non-PDF version of the
manual, correct? It's in some old Apple format whose name escapes me at
the moment. But you should just use the PDF version, or grab it from:

(long URL)
http://philly.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/developer/ProgrammersReferenceOS2.0.pdf