Re: [NTLK] Glad for MAD!

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 12:56:58 EST

Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:

> I just wanted to post a quick note here to praise Eckhart K=F6ppen's
> Mad Max MP3 player for the Newton.

Glad you like it!

> Wishes for the future include:
>
> * kill the stutters

Yes, this is a definite must. Technically speaking, there are two kinds
of stutters: one comes from the laughably small network buffers MAD
Newton uses for streaming playback, but the Newton simply doesn't have
enough memory to use big buffers. The second kind of stutter is
something which is more likely to be fixed, it occurs from time to time
when the Newton performs a garbage collection. I hope this can be reduced...

> * display stream name and other metadata

The MAD library does contain some code for MP3 ID tags, so
theoretically, this could be implementable.

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --