Re: [NTLK] weird battery issues 2100

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 02:22:01 EST

1st these are not dumb questions.
2nd I really fear that there is something wrong with your Newt.
Normally you should be able to change the batttery without losing any
preferences,
but the Newt 2x00 will do a restart, i.e. reloading all packages.
The Newt 2x00 does not have a battery to keep the contents of its RAM
memory, there is only a so called supercapacitor in order to keep the RTC
alive. I am not sure if the backup battery of the MP120 (I had one) was
capable of keeping the RAM contents as well.
All serious info is normally stored in flash ROM, so you should not lose
data.
But as it comes to the point that you get the slip asking if you really want
to erase the whole memory, something is wrong.
Normally you reach this status, which is called deep reset or brain wash,
only in case you press the reset key at the same time you hold the power
switch down.
So this might indicate that your reset switch is not ok.
But you can try to operate it a few times in order to bring it to a defined
position.

Johannes