Re: [NTLK] Newton Works footnotes

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 03:01:07 EST

on 07-03-2002 11:07, Mike Weisman at popeye_at_speakeasy.org wrote:

> Has anyone seen a path that allows one to do footnotes in Works?

Hope this helps.

Robert Benschop

From: "Michael C. Wittmann" <wittmannmichael_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:26:42 -0400

Another idea for footnotes in the Newton might be that you combine NewtNote
with EndNote. Supposedly you can combine data bases and then reference them
inline with the [## reference] combination that will translate easily from
rtf to Newton. One last run through on your desktop, and things should work
out.

Has anybody used this combination? I can describe what I 'want' to do with
it, but have never done it. Is what I'm saying possible?

From: Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de (Hagen Lang)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 01:45:58 +0200

I just found this in the "Endnote"-manual, seems it=B4s not the right
programme to solve the problem with unavailable footnotes on the Newton:

"Some points to remember about citations in footnotes and endnotes:
EndNote does not create the footnote/endnote for you. To use citations in
footnotes and endnotes, you use your word processing software's commands
for creating the note, then insert the EndNote citation into the word
processor footnote or endnote."