[NTLK] OT: Building root directory help

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 07:53:35 EST

Folks;

Can anyone lend me a hand with some website building information? Please
respond privately.

I'm having trouble building a root directory that will transfer with ftp
up to the server in such a way that all the files work together as they
do when I do practice runs at home. On my ibook everything runs great.
On the server, nothing works except the main page, and even there the
images are missing.

I've been trying to find the information in my Pagemill book, Visual
Quickstart Guide, PeachPit Press, (pagemill came with my imac, so this
is my starting point with website building programs. Several people have
suggested Dreamweaver.) but I can't figure it out. I'm stuck.

I understand I must put everything under one folder, so to speak, and
then everything will waterfall from that, but, I can't get there. I'm "ignernt".

Can anyone direct me to where I can find accurate, step by step
information or is anyone willing to walk me through some of this on the phone?

Thanks.

Mark